Viber or Whatsapp: +86 13633219293
IgA Nephropathy (IgAN, or Berger's disease) is the most common glomerulonephritis found in the developed countries of the world. IgA is short for immunoglobulin A, an antibody which usually helps the body to fight infections and toxins invaded into the body. In IgA Nephropathy, IgA and immune complex (antibody+antigen) are deposited in the mesangial area of the kidneys.
Causes and risk factors
The disease can affect people an any age although it is more common in men. Caucasians and Asians also have a higher incidence of IgA kidney disease.
Generally, IgA Nephropathy occurs due to disordered immune system. In other cases, the disease can develop after a kid or young adult develop a viral infection of the upper respiratory or gastrointestinal tracts. In some cases, a genetic defect may be associated with the development of this renal disease.
Exams and Tests
• Conventional tests: urine test, blood test, and kidney biopsy.
• Immune special examination and diagnosis
- Kidney damage tests. Checking items include: UTP, U-malb, U-TRF, U-IGG, β 2-microglobulin, α1-microglobulin, α2-macroglobulin, κ light chain, λ light chain, U- NAG, U-GGT, and Uosm.
- Toxins in blood test. Checking items include: BUN, Creatinine, UA, β 2-microglobulin, Cyc C, RBP, HCY, and PTH.
- Hameturia position. Test results include glomerular hematuria, non-glomerular hematuria, and mixed hematuria.
- Tests for sub-group of lymphocysts. It contains 15 indexes to indicate the antibody conditions in your blood, such as CD4, CD8, NK cells, B cells, T Cells etc. Each of them can reflect a specific factor of your immune functions.
- Complement in blood serum test. This test include C3, C4, CH50, C3B, etc.
20-40% of the patient progress to End Stage Kidney Failure about 20 years after the disease becomes apparent. Those who have elevated serum creatinine level at the time of their diagnosis are more prone to Chronic Kidney Failure. Generally speaking, a poor prognosis is expected for patients who have increased blood pressure, proteinuria (>2 g/day), and a significant amount of damage present in their biopsy specimen. For personalized analysis of your prognosis with this disease, feel free to Contact Us.
Please call Viber or Whatsapp: +86 13633219293 Skype:renaldiseases or email to email@example.com (Monday through Sunday) to make an appointment or request an Online Doctor Consultation